Monday, May 28, 2007

Korea leaves for the World Champs....

So the Korean crew left today - don't forget to say hi to them team - there's only 3 of them!!!!

Yesterday was a quiet one, Mr Chirtoca and I thought we were going to be training in the afternoon, but they skipped the training session for some reason.

Instead Mr Chirtoca went to catch up with some friends, and I tagged along with President Kim, Park, Ki Tae and Jung to find Jung a team tracksuit for this week... talk about leaving it to the last minute!!!! We found the perfect thing - personality wise and style wise and then spent another couple of hours tracking down someone who could a) supply Korean Flag patches, and b) sew them on right then and there..... once we found him I swear it took about 5 minutes to finish!!!

Today's just been a quiet one. Ki Tae and I took a walk into town, then he and I took a class at 5, it was supposed to be just me, but the student didn't speak a word of English (not even hello until I'd finished with him) and then my normal Monday 8pm class. When I first started instructing the 8pmers they started off as a pretty unruly bunch, but they're settling into the swing of things now..... I don't know whether they're getting used to the work and the way that I instruct, or they're just resigned to the fact that there's no use complaining cos I won't understand them...... :-)

Anyway, have been doing some study to finish off my day before heading off for an early night ready for an early rise tomorrow morning - work in NZ have requested my assistance, so it's online 6am my time (9am for most of you).

By the way - we're still looking for instructors to come over and continue the work that Mr Van Roon, Mr Brown, Mr Doogan, Mr Chirtoca and I have been doing. We're wondering what might be holding you all back from putting up your hand and coming over for this amazing experience.... sooooooo, I'm asking for your help....

I was hoping you could spare me 5 minutes of your day and send me a quick email telling me 2 things - 1) are you interested in coming to Korea to instruct Taekwon-do? and 2) what - if anything, is preventing you from putting up your hand......

You can email me on
chrismorton75@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!!!!!

More updates later!

No comments: