Thursday, May 24, 2007

Free Day.....

So what did we spend Buddha's Birthday doing? Well after a 10am start, Mr Brown and I hit the shopping centres starting in Seomyeon at the Lotte Department store....

You get a sense of what you're in for as you make your way from the subway station.... especially with the mini Trevi Fountain in the entrance....





The department store is huge and is jam packed with stores like Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Tiffanys..... needless to say I was in heaven!!!!

Next stop was Nampodong, home of the Busan Markets.... we stopped for lunch in the area and then just wandered around looking, shopping.....





According to my calculations Mr Brown and I were out and about for a good 6 hours.... by this time the feet were getting sore and we were starting to fade and decided to head back to the Yangjeong.

Later we were packed into the van and driven across the city to the Russian quarter for Chinese food.... yes that's right - the Russian quarter for Chinese food..... and pretty darn good Chinese food in fact!!!!

On another topic entirely - Mr Brown heads home this weekend.... is kind of strange, Mr Brown was there to welcome me when I stepped off the plane after a 17 hour trip (including stopovers and customs...), introduced me gently to some of the..... errrrrm.... different (?) customs here in Korea.... and he's been my travel, shopping and exploring buddy..... and now he's going!!!

Mr Brown - thank you for everything! I hope your trip home is comfortable and I look forward to seeing you at Nationals in September!!!

No comments: