Thursday, June 21, 2007

Last Kindergarten Classes.....

It's hard to come to grips with..... but it hit home today.... Only a week to go before getting on the plane.... I'm a mixture of happy and sad.... Happy to be heading home and seeing everyone, but sad to be leaving Korea.... at the moment sad is winning.... :-(

It was my last Kindergarten Classes today.... they're exhausting, but am gonna miss them I think... so much energy, so much enthusiasm..... :-(

The President arrived late last night, more talking and arranging of the new instructors.. It's all looking pretty positive, though is a complicated process....

This weekend is looking pretty busy....

I've got a presentation to parents at the Buam dojang tomorrow morning, is a little nerve wracking, but I'm sure it will be fine.....

Tomorrow afternoon/evening we're heading to Goche (?) Island where we'll spend the night in the hospitality of other new ITF instructors....

Sunday I think we're heading back to Busan via a tomb site that I have not yet had the pleasure of visiting.... then Sunday night I'm catching up with some of my new friends for dinner and drinks on my last Sunday here....

By the way - did I tell you we had a new arrival at the Gimhae Dojang? I'm not sure how his kicking will go as he doesn't have any legs or feet, and I don't think he'll be able to punch all that well either as he doesn't have arms or hands either..... Curious?

Our new student is a Korean Tiger Snake who joined us in the dojang on Wednesday just before the first class....

You can see photos of these fellas here..... http://www.bear.or.kr/wildlife/rhabdophis.htm
For those of you who are interested, yes he is poisonous, though it would be unlikely for them to harm a human as they are reverse fanged(?).

Ki-Tae played the role of resident Crocodile Hunter with the use of his trusty towel.... OMG I couldn't believe it.... not a worry in the world....

So we have a new "pet" in the dojang.... The guys are currently keeping it in a plastic snake house.... we'll see how long that lasts.....

Anyway - home soon.... Good Luck to those competing in the Wellington Regionals this weekend!!! I look forward to hearing about the results and seeing plenty of photos!!!

Chris

1 comment: