Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Subject to change without notice...

This is definately the theme here at the moment... I don't really know what I'm doing from moment to moment at this point....so I'm sorry if things seem a little disjointed....

Yesterday after lunch Mr Brown and I were separated... I was bundled into a van with "non-English speaking" instructors and taken to a dojang (they say that they don't speak English - but they speak more English than I speak Korean!). There I was introduced to 3 classes of primary school students that it sounds like I will be instructing over the coming weeks - they're a happy lot and seem to think my attempts at Korean are a riot - let alone saying hello to them!

Got my first introduction to traditional Korean food yesterday - not as hot as I thought it was going to be - but definately spicy, and very tasty! The instructors at the dojang take a dinner break from 5-6pm and go for food, walking up the street in their dobok without a worry in the world about spilling anything on it, like it's the most natural thing in the world....

This morning was spent on the subway and at the markets.... They sell absolutely everything there - and I mean everything! Mr Brown bought a traditional Korean Hanbok (costume) which looks incredibly comfortable!

Anyway - lunch time, more Korean food - yay!!!

Next time I'll get some photos up - I promise!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Well am glad the traffic there is not too bad.. must be fate that when you go away I have to move your car!It spent last night and today uner the tree on the corner while they did roadworks here.. but tis back in it's "spot" tonight safe and sound.. take care Girl!
M

Andy W said...

Sounds like you've been spending lots of time eating rather than training there Miss Morton :) Ha! Enjoy yourself there...and please keep us updated with your training over there...I still can't imagine the whole "training all day everyday" thing (part of me was thinking GOSH you gonna be so tired; but my other part was thinking GOSH this is AWESOME!!!). I guess this is what General Choi called "Whole life devoted to Taekwon-Do".

Keep us update m'am and don't forget PHOTOS!!!

miss you
-andy
Miramar TKD, NZ